Our Services Include
Marketing Your Property
We will begin marketing your property immediately. Our objective is to rent your property to qualified tenants as soon as possible!
- We complete a comprehensive initial inspection of the property.
- We will give you our professional recommendations of improvements that would add value to your property.
- We will obtain estimates for any improvements necessary.
- We prepare a Competitive Market Analysis to establish fair market value.
- We place the property on the rental market by installing a sign and Realtor lock box, putting the listing in MRIS, the regional multiple listing service, along with placing the listing on other online sites.
Processing Applications and Lease Execution
We process all applications from prospective tenants, including verifying current and previous landlord references, obtaining a credit report and verifying income qualifications.
- We process all prospective tenant applications, to include verifying current and previous landlord references, obtaining a credit report and verifying income qualifications.
- We prepare the Lease Agreement for execution by all parties.
- Before occupancy, we complete a thorough walk through with a written copy of the inspection report given to the tenant, along with supplying the tenant with photos of the property at occupancy.
- We collect the security deposit, pet deposit and initial rental payment from the tenant. All security and pet deposits are placed in a separate escrow account.
Reports and Services
We believe that communication with our clients is essential to effectively and efficiently manage your investment.
- We collect rental payments from tenants, plus any additional fees due.
- We make mortgage payments, HOA or Condo fee payments, pay real estate taxes or any other recurring expenses.
- We review, approve and pay all repair and maintenance bills associated with your property. If any repairs are over a mutually agreed amount, we will contact you before the repair is made.
- On a monthly basis our clients receive a property report showing all financial transactions that have occurred.
- Our clients receive a year end statement, along with a 1099, showing all transactions for the calendar year.
- Approximately 45 days before a lease is due to expire we will research market rents to determine the rent increase and prepare the lease extension for execution. Seaport Properties does not charge an additional fee for this service.
- We will oversee any legal action necessary in the event tenants do not pay their rent or are not complying with the provisions of their Lease Agreement.
Maintenance and Inspections
Our management philosophy is to manage your property both effectively and efficiently. In doing so, maintenance issues will arise. We make every effort to insure a minor problem does not become a major one.
- We perform a check-in inspection at the beginning of every occupancy and a written report is prepared. Photos are also taken at this time. Each tenant is supplied with the photos and a copy of the written report.
- A check-out inspection of the property is performed when a tenant vacates and photos are taken. We compare them with the check-in photos to determine any necessary deductions from the tenants’ security deposit.
- We obtain estimates from vendors as they relate to necessary maintenance the property will need before a new tenant takes occupancy, along with necessary repairs during occupancy.
- We will review your property insurance policy to ensure adequate coverage is in place.
- We handle all maintenance requests from tenants and coordinate necessary repairs.
- Our tenants are supplied with emergency contact information for emergency repairs. We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
- We inspect all properties in our portfolio twice a year to ensure the property is being maintained and that all terms of the lease agreement are complied with.
- We work with experienced, professional and reliable contractors that offer reasonable pricing.
Again, our objective is to relieve both investment owners and absentee owners of the responsibilities associated with the management of income producing properties, while offering professional and personal service to our clients!